Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a Prop!



So often, I learn just as much from my clients about speaking as they learn from me.

Tonight was a great example.

One of my clients, Emma Epstein, is about to embark on a cross-country bike trip to raise money for AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps, a remarkable social justice organization. Emma asked for my assistance with the speech she will give to various audiences along the way.

We met a couple of times, and I helped her develop her message and clarify her content.

This evening, I watched her deliver the speech for the first time. Little did I know what would unfold.

The MC of the event remarked that Emma "was nowhere to be found" and that he would have to"fill time" until she showed up.

Suddenly, the door opened and she rode her bicycle right on stage, complete with helmet and bike shorts!

Needless to say, it was a brilliant way to begin and a perfect use of a prop.


For more information about Emma's ride, go to http://avodahcycle.wordpress.com/.

No comments: